Monday, July 25, 2011

Sweet, Sweet Tooth

Mondays are not my friend. They just aren't. I just want to curl up and hide...almost every Monday. Mondays mornings mean I have to wait a full 5 days before I can spend my days doing absolutely whatever I choose. The sad part is, I can wake up early just fine on Saturdays and Sundays. But Monday. Oh, Monday. Waking up early just does not happen. The very sad part about this is, I wake up at 7:30 in the morning. 7:30 is not early. Most people I know have to be at work by 7:30. So, I really can't complain. And, then I found this little gem. It makes my Monday a little better.


Because it is "my day," I am going to share with you number 37 on my list. Just this year I realized that it isn't that difficult to bake from scratch. If you don't want to go out and buy some break & bake cookies or a box of brownie mix, you can just as easily find some ingredients laying around your kitchen that will make a scrumptious comfort. Because let's face it. Desserts are definitely a comfort food. They really hit the spot.

37. Make 50 Desserts from scratch.

Don't you just want to devour these right here, right now?!

I've already made 4 new desserts. And, I am going to share this one with you first. The Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie. Is there anything better? I submit that there is not. I found the recipe on Pinterest. If you haven't joined the Pinterest bandwagon yet, I highly encourage it. This website will change your life. Seriously. 

The recipe is super simple, and they are really good. Growing up there were always two things in our pantry. Oreos and Capri Suns. I have a special place in my heart for these black and white cookies.  And, anyone can make these. Just make some chocolate chip cookies using the recipe of your choosing. I find that refrigerating the cookie dough for an hour really helps when forming the "dough balls." Just take two of those balls and place them on each side of the Oreo. Make sure that the dough is completely covering the Oreo. A friend and I did some minor experimenting, and it is a much better idea to really mold the dough around the Oreo. Then just bake the cookies for about 13 minutes, and there you have it. A melt in your mouth, bursting with flavor (if those two things can go together) cookie!


P.S. I am totally open to new dessert recipes to try out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment