Sunday, July 31, 2011

An Awful Review of a Very Funny Book


Tina Fey. I like her. A lot. 

This weekend I finished reading her book, Bossypants. I could practically hear Tina Fey's sarcastic, humorous voice reading me her story (Yes, Tina, I did borrow your book). If I didn't know who she was, I don't think I would have realized how famous she is, or maybe I would, I don't know. Her honesty and view of life crack me up! At points, it felt like she was talking to me, which I truly appreciate.  She takes the awkwardness that absolutely every girl has faced at some point or later, and adds her snarky little twists. I literally laughed out loud throughout the whole book. She really is just like Liz Lemon. 

I can't even begin to pinpoint my favorite part of the book. I think I most enjoyed the way she told the story, including her readers (even the poor guys who pick it up). Her narrative explains her way of rising to be one of the most powerful women in comedy. 

This is an awful review. I'm sorry. It doesn't really give you a ton of info. But, after I read it, I wanted to watch SNL. I don't think that's what she was going for. But, Hey! 

On a completely different note, I can now begin to check off number 4 on my list. 

4. Read 20 new-to-me books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment