Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Camp Blessing

Meet my best friend. Her name is Betty.

The Tourist & The Scuba Diver

We've pretty much been besties since I lived on her couch my sophomore year of college. I cannot say enough great things about this girl. She is almost always willing to join in whatever impulsive thing I am ready to jump into. Random Scavenger Hunt around town with only 30 minutes to put together the clues? You betcha! Immediately volunteering to dress up like fairies at any given chance? That's us! Driving to 45 minutes to meet each other after work on a random Tuesday? Of course. She has also been there for me in some pretty nasty situations. Computer & Car crash in the same day? She was right by my side in said fairy costume. I don't know what I would do without her. 

(Slightly scary!)

Okay, but enough of this mumbo jumbo. Isn't it Wednesday? Aren't I supposed to be talking about my EpiCURIOUS Adventure? Yes, but first I need to explain my meal for the week. About two weeks ago I went to go meet Betty at this Amazing special needs camp called Camp Blessing. I should mention she is a Special Education Teacher. She does a lot for this camp. A ton. She plans all year for this camp on top of her lesson plans and everything else. She is constantly busy. 

(That's her on the right)

But, she recently told me that she was missing a good home cooked meal. Something other than camp food. So when she asked me to come visit and watch the camper's talent show, I jumped! It was the perfect opportunity for me to provide her that good home cooked meal (and try a new recipe)! What! What!

Here is what I made: Crunchy Honey Chicken


I was in a bit of a hurry, so I didn't get to take any pictures. This is definitely Jessica's picture & creation from How Sweet It Is. Have I mentioned how much I love her? Because I do. She is always coming up with something new!

This recipe was way more difficult than the Salmon. The salmon was a walk in the park. It was my first time to cut up chicken. And, I don't really know if I breaded it correctly. There are just a lot of steps that run together, and I am just not that talented. I'm pretty sure I didn't follow the directions very well. But, from what I understand it rocked. Betty said it resembled a stir fry. I didn't know what that meant. Sure! A Stir Fry. I did make it on a skillet. And it called for Soy Sauce. But that was about all I could offer. 

Best Part was I got to add this scrumptious little treat to go with it. And then I was forced to take it to work with me so I wouldn't eat the whole pan! Trust me, I very easily could have.



Mine had a bit of hot fudge on top (so I couldn't see the white chocolate chips, white foods gross me out. Strange, I know).

No comments:

Post a Comment