Sunday, July 10, 2011

Let's Get it Started!

Black Eyed Peas came to mind immediately when I started to think of creating my first post.  And, let me tell you, this is going to be quite the party.

But, the big question is where to start? Do I tell you about myself? Or how about why I have decided to start this "new leaf"? I will be completely honest, I have absolutely no Idea what I am getting myself into. 

1. A little about myself. I graduated from Texas A&M University a year ago (Whoop!) with a degree in English. I cannot tell you how many times people have asked me if I intended to teach with said degree. The answer to that question is No. I was an education major my first three years of college, and let me just tell you it is not in the Lord's plan for me to be a teacher, as much as I love the kids. So, what do you do with an English degree? That is a wonderful question. I thought I wanted to enter the non-profit world, but somehow I ended up working for an investment management company. Investments, yes. Don't let your mind go too crazy with this idea, English and Finance. I write their letters. I have to put my degree to good use and all. I never in a million years thought I would end up in the financial world. Before I started I barely knew what the stock market was.  So here I am. I live a pretty simple life. I love Jesus Christ, interior design, packing (weird, I know), Harry Potter, reading, mascara, The Gap, sing-a-longs, my friends and family of course, and being crafty. The list could go on, but why ruin the surprise? 

2. My reasons for starting this lovely little blog. For the past six months I have been in love with reading a ton of different blogs. And I have been inspired. But, I ask myself, if I were to start a blog, what will I write about? This is where Mackenzie from Design Darling comes in. Her 101 in 1001 list got me thinking. I LOVE making lists (See, I told you the list would go on). And, if we are honest, which I fully intend to be, I need some goals to work toward. I don't have finals, graduating, or any of that good stuff to look forward to...It has been quite the adjustment. So, I am replacing graduation with a list of 100 things to do in 2.75 years (1001 days). Good goal, right? Yes, I thought so, too. Hence, my new leaf. A change is going to come (Yes, I just sang this). My list will force me take a chance and do things I have always wanted to do! I am hoping to include some cooking, decorating, dress up, devotionals, God sightings, etc. I'm telling you...Paarrrtttyy!



Here goes nothing! 

....And the base keep runnin', runnin'....

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world!! :) Can't wait to hear about your 100 things in 1001 days list. I love making lists as well.

    xoxo
    Mandy
    www.kinistyle.com

    PS thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mandy!! So glad to have a follower! Your blog is brilliant. I love hearing what you have to say :)

    ReplyDelete