Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cup of Joy

Joy

Joy. The state of delight. A huge part of my list is growing closer to the Lord, which will be shown through a variety of ways in the next 999 days. I want to explore the joy that has been given to me through the Lord, Jesus Christ. Now, it is super easy for me to throw God by the wayside and get Wayyy too caught up in my own daily happenings. I am unbelievably self-absorbed. So I want to make it a point every Tuesday to delight in what the Lord is doing in my life in my "Cup of Joy". Because, really, it's not about me. It's not, as much as I might like to think it is. Without Christ, I wouldn't be where I am today. I have him to thank for, well, everything.

Here lately, I have been thinking a lot about prayer. I recently came across an old prayer journal from my junior year of college. Woah, what a year that was! My prayers in 2008 and 2009 are some of the same as my prayers are today. It is beyond crazy to see the way Jesus works, though. Crazy, I tell you! Two of my prayers in January 2009 were only just recently answered, this year. Over 2 years later! Those two years of waiting were tough to say the least. But, how can you Not find absolute joy in the Lord when you see the fruition of prayer!? He constantly amazes me. 

Sadly, I only kept that prayer journal for a few short months. Boo. School started, and I got caught up in the world. In myself. I threw my journal to the wayside because I didn't make time for it. Now, two years later, I am kicking myself. What other prayers has the Lord fulfilled that I am completely oblivious to? With that being said, #45 comes into play. My moleskin is ready is rearing to go. It is going to be a hard one. But, I am willing to take the challenge!

45. Keep a Prayer Journal. Actually keep one...for more than a month or two.


All this to be said, I want to encourage everyone who reads this to join me in creating a prayer journal. You will be amazed by the results. The Big Guy Upstairs is doing some mighty and powerful things. Things we can't even dream about. Even when things get rough and tough out there, just remember, He has an ever loving plan. One to build us up, not destroy us. 

“Look at the nations and watch— 
   and be utterly amazed.
For I am going to do something in your days
   that you would not believe,
   even if you were told. 
-Habakkuk 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment