Monday, July 18, 2011

I ♥ Spray Paint!

This past Saturday, despite still being exhausted from Harry Potter the night (morning) before, I dragged myself out of bed at an ungodly Saturday hour of 7:30a.m. and went garage sale shopping. I even managed to come home with some treasures. Did I need anything in particular? No. I just was in the mood to create. Normally my Saturdays include lounging around and most likely laying out by the pool. Not this Saturday. Do you ever get the overwhelming desire just to make something? To get rid of the mess and start with something new? My spring cleaning bug might have come a little late this year, because it hit me like a 10 ton brick this past weekend...It didn't manage to make it to my closet though, sad :(

This Saturday I was feeling especially adventurous (I am going to blame it on the fact that bug I mentioned earlier). I ventured into the the world of Spray Paint. I have never met a paint I didn't love more! It is an instant transformation! From Drab to Fab in mere seconds! My roommates better watch out, because anything I can spray paint, is most likely to be spray painted in the near future. So, what did I make exactly?

Well, after carefully reading (and disregarding, oops!) the spray paint instructions, I quickly set forth to spray paint a nice little wooden basket I bought at a garage sale for $.75.  When I first bought it, it was this nasty brown color (Sorry! I didn't get any before pictures!). And, our entry way is mostly black...so I needed a quick solution. Never fear! Spray Paint is Here!!!

It looks great, right?! And it took me all of 5 minutes! I needed to find more projects, pronto!

Now, I also found this frame that was the perfect size for something cool. The lady asked $10.00, which I realize now was way too much, but I'm happy with it. My first hope was to possibly create something similar to this. But, I couldn't do that with this oval frame. So, ere go Plan B. Which I am ecstatic about!

Before:

Meet After (the coloring in my bathroom is awful, I apologize):

Again, so easy and simple. I just spray painted it a fun turquoise and then screwed in some picture hanging wire. Voila! Sweet and Simple Earring Holder! I have been dying for one of these for about 2 years now. If I would have known it was this easy, it could have been done ages ago. Well, maybe not. I tend to procrastinate. 

And the very best part is, it fulfills numero 51 on my list!!! Whoop!

Now, what will I spray paint next???


No comments:

Post a Comment