Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pesto Pizza

Pizza. 

Always a winner. 

I have yet to meet a person who doesn't like the idea of pizza. It is so versatile. Everyone is happy on pizza night. And, while it has a not-so-healthy stereotype, it has almost all the food groups, which sounds pretty healthy to me (please ignore the heaps of cheesy goodness).  

A couple of weekends ago, my sweet cousin came to visit me! I always love it when we are able to get together. 
(My Birthday several years ago)

Now, Lauren Loves to cook. She is a nutrition major at Texas A&M and could spend hours in the grocery store if you let her. This comes in very handy for my EpiCURIOUS Adventure. So, what did we do Saturday night, combined two of my favorite things...Pizza and fellowship. 

Here was our recipe...and by ours, I mean Lauren's:

A ready made Pizza Crust (we used Boboli) 
Jar of Pesto
Shredded Mozzarella
A medium Tomato
Feta (as much as you think is good)
Sliced Mushrooms
chopped basil
Bottle of white wine


Preheat the oven to 350. And find a cookie sheet large enough to fit the crust. 
Spread as much pesto as your heart desires over the crust and pop it in the oven for about 10 minutes. This makes the crust less doughy. I love a crispy crust. 

The beautiful thing about pizza is that there is no right or wrong. We arranged the ingredients as we liked and covered it in cheese. I probably added more than Lauren would have liked, but cheese is Always a good thing. I am sorry if you are lactose-intolerant. Then popped it back in the oven until the cheese started to brown. I get distracted very easily, so I set a timer for 15 minutes so I wouldn't forget about it. This turned out to be delicious! The crust was perfect, and it had just the right amount of cheese. 

Take it out, let it cool, slice it up, serve with wine. Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment