Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Pastor Loves Me

I have a rather large sweet tooth. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner: Dessert is always a viable option. Always. You only think I am kidding. 

I realize this might not always be the most nutritional choice, but it is dessert. It makes my taste buds scream with joy.  Other food groups are good, I guess. They just aren't as good as dessert. 

Now, here is a dessert that my pastor sent to the congregation. Of course, I had to try it. It was a necessity. Since he sent it, I have made it not once, but twice. It is just That good. 


The very best part: it is healthy. Well, kinda. Bananas make it healthy, right?

Greg Matte's Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:

1 1/4 cups sugar
1 stick butter, softened
2 eggs
4 medium ripe bananas
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips (next time I am going to try dark chocolate)

Step One:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the bottom of the bundt pan and dust with flour.

Step Two: Mix sugar and butter in a large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended.  Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Mix in remaining ingredients (except the chocolate chips) until moistened. Now you can go ahead and add the chips.

Step Three: Pour into the bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is light brown. Let it cool for 5 minutes before you remove it from the pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Step Four: Serve warm with butter and a glass of cold milk. 
The milk really does make it that much better, I promise.


This cake is pretty dense. The original recipe called for three bananas, but it didn't have that good banana taste that I love, so I added another banana. 

Reasons why it is a perfect dessert: It works for breakfast and dessert. Can dessert get any better?

No comments:

Post a Comment