Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Blessed.

Canvas print of The Beatitudes
I read this today during my quiet time. This passage completely contradicts what we are constantly being told to believe in the world. Every time I turn on the TV or get online I have to make a decision on what I am going to believe. Am I going to believe what the world tells me? Are riches, power, keeping a a perfect persona, and pursuing my own selfish desires all that important? What good do they do?

Instead, Jesus tells us to give up what the world tells us to believe. He lets us know that we will be blessed beyond measure. A happiness outside of worldly circumstance. That is so hard to comprehend. I feel like as a part of society I am constantly being bombarded with what the world thinks I should be. I can't wrap my head around the idea of finding complete happiness in adversity. Not found wanting more. Complete satisfaction.

Our time in this world is so very temporary. What is 90 something years (if we are lucky) compared to all of eternity? Think about how long eternity is. It is forever. Never ending. A very long time. I want to store up my treasures in heaven. That is what really counts, isn't it? In times when the world is beating us down, all we have to do is look to what the Lord has planned for us in Him. It makes those tough days all the sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment