Monday, August 29, 2011

My Fav Cover Songs

Some people might be music purists. They might believe that no cover can ever come close to even comparing to the original. These people do not like Glee. But this post is not about Glee, as much as I do love that show. This post is about those songs that completely blow you away. The songs that make you forget it is not the original song. I am not saying that the originals can be replaced. They just sound like brand new songs. 

You should definitely take a listen. They are amazing. 

3. Adele, Make You Feel My Love.
Originally written and recorded by Bob Dylan. 
I'm not a huge fan of country music, which is how you will hear this song most of the time. Adele's version adds a bit of soul to the song. She is what my dad would call a Diva. Her voice is rich and soothing. I love it. 

2. Ellie Goulding, Your Song.
Originally sung by Sir Elton John.
First off, I love Ellie Goulding. Her voice makes me happy. I also really like Elton John. He is a classic, one that cannot be messed with. However, Ellie seems to really understand the lyrics of this song and you can hear this as she is singing. 

1. Gavin DeGraw, Against All Odds
Originally written and recorded by Phil Collins.
I couldn't tell you how I first learned about this song, or even how it ended up on my iPod. But, I can tell you that this is one of my all time favorite songs. Phil Collins' version is great, but Gavin really brings it home. 

These are my three favorite covers. I know I am forgetting some other memorable covers. I would love to hear your favorite cover song. Leave me a comment and I will be sure to check it out. 

Also, this past weekend I reached over 1,000 views since I created this blog a couple of months ago. I cannot begin to tell you how blessed I am to have you reading my blog! I have loved posting every day, and it is great to know that you (hopefully) enjoy what I have to share. I never expected anyone to read it.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment