Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Sweet Ann


Meet Ann. Isn't she precious? 

Ann and I began getting to know each other last May through Compassion International. Compassion is this wonderful ministry that allows people the chance to make a difference in a child's life.  Through a simple payment every month I am able to provide Sweet Ann with an education, food, health care, and a chance to develop to her full potential.  The best part is that I know she is being led in a Christ-centered environment. 

I started writing letters to her as soon as I got her cute little picture. She was only 5 at the time, so her letters were written and translated by someone at her school. However, I have had the wonderful pleasure of seeing her drawings, colorings, and everything she is learning through Compassion. I am so proud of her. She is now six, and is about to enter Kindergarten. She had top marks in her class! I am so proud of her. 

Every single time I get a letter from Ann is like Christmas. It blows me away how the Lord is able to work through this ministry. I am able to share the Gospel every day with this sweet little girl and her family by providing her the opportunity to develop socially, physically, and emotionally. 

While I don't think I will be able to meet her in the next 2.75 years, it is on my bucket list to visit her in Kenya.  I cannot wait.

Let me know if you would like any information about this fantastic program! 

You can also get some pretty useful information here.

Matthew 28:19


19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

No comments:

Post a Comment