Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Original Idea for the Pinterest Challenge

Okay, okay. I know that the Pinterest Challenge ended last Tuesday. However, I needed my project for this past Friday for my good friend's birthday party! Tuesday would have been way too early to have it ready.

Here is the result of my REAL Pinterest Challenge. And, yes, I did make it completely from scratch.

Things I learned:
1. Cake Flour Really Does Make a Difference
2. Stiff Peaks form after about 10 minutes of beating icing.
3. You shouldn't make icing in a plastic bowl (not really sure completely why this is).

I took this pin to create it:
I followed the recipe to a tee. This project took me two days to complete. Two days. I am not a patient one, so this is a HUGE accomplishment. 

Day One: Make the Cake
1. Gather the Ingredients
2. Mix it all up.
3. Split it up and add some coloring.  Bake & Freeze. 

Day 2: The Icing
1. Beat the icing until stiff peaks form.
2. Ice & Enjoy. 

The cake and party were a hit! Challenged completed.


Happy Birthday, Pam!



No comments:

Post a Comment