Here is the result of my REAL Pinterest Challenge. And, yes, I did make it completely from scratch.
Things I learned:
1. Cake Flour Really Does Make a Difference
2. Stiff Peaks form after about 10 minutes of beating icing.
3. You shouldn't make icing in a plastic bowl (not really sure completely why this is).
I took this pin to create it:
I followed the recipe to a tee. This project took me two days to complete. Two days. I am not a patient one, so this is a HUGE accomplishment.
Day One: Make the Cake
1. Gather the Ingredients
2. Mix it all up.
3. Split it up and add some coloring. Bake & Freeze.
Day 2: The Icing
1. Beat the icing until stiff peaks form.
2. Ice & Enjoy.
The cake and party were a hit! Challenged completed.
Happy Birthday, Pam!