Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pie!

One of my most random memories from my senior year of college was my craving for pie. For pretty much the whole year, all I wanted was pie. Any kind. I love pie. It is one of the very best desserts out there. And, yes, this is coming from a person who eats sweets for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. In college, I don't know who started it, but my roommates (other friends? I can't remember) and I would just randomly yell, "PIE." Why? I have no idea. That was just the kind of house we lived in. Why not yell, "Pie!" in the middle of someone's conversation? We were very easily entertained...clearly.

I haven't strayed much from my cravings for pie since college. Recently, it has been Peanut Butter Pie in particular. So I have deemed this recipe the Reese's Peanut Butter Pie. I got the idea from looking at a couple of different recipes mixed with watching the way my mom used to make chocolate pies growing up.


Ingredients:

1 9" Graham Cracker Pie Crust
1 16oz container cool whip
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding (4 servings)
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
2/3 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1/3 cup milk
2 packages of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (4 pb cups total)

Step 1: Beat the Peanut Butter and the Cream Cheese.

Step 2: Add in the powdered sugar and milk and continue beating.

Step 3: Mix in the pudding mix and fold in 4 oz. Cool Whip.

Step 4: Pour it into the Pie Crust and cover with the remaining Cool Whip.

Step 5: Mash up the Peanut Butter Cups and top the pie. Go ahead and freeze it for about 30 minutes.

Step 6: Take out of the freezer and thoroughly Enjoy this amazingly creamy pie that took you a total of 40 minutes including freeze time to make. 

This pie is perfect for the last minute get together, or the "Oh, No! I forgot to make something for tomorrow's event!" situations. I hope you like it!

Have any of y'all had any recent cravings?

(Next time I will take more pictures, I promise!)





No comments:

Post a Comment