Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Apple Bread Pudding

A couple weeks ago, I got some bread from my favorite restaurant in College Station. Unfortunately, I did not have time to eat it before it went stale. Womp. Womp. No problemo. I can just make me some delicious bread pudding. Yum! Wonderful idea! Right?

So what do I do? I get onto the ever kind Pinterest and type in "Bread Pudding." Please note, I don't think I had even tasted Bread Pudding before this endeavor. Have I told you how much I LOVE Pinterest? Within seconds I had found a fantastic recipe...one that would be absolutely perfect for sweet fall time.

Fast forward to a week later and I am ready to make this bread pudding. Unfortunately, my bread got tired of waiting. I told friends I was making it for that night. There was no way I could use the bread. So, what do I do? I scour my local Kroger and find an old loaf of bread. Then I turn to the apples. Here is the thing. I am allergic to fresh apples, so I just don't buy 'em. I must have looked like a complete foreigner in the fruit section. In the end, it all came together. And I loved it. Delicious!


Apple Bread Pudding


  • 6 cups of bread cut into chunks
  • 2 cups diced apples, you want to use an apple that is good for baking
  • 3 cups milk
  • 4 eggs
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix together apples and bread.  In separate large bowl whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon, then add bread and apples.  Mix together well. Pour into an 11×7 or about that pan.  Place that an into a 9×13 pan and fill the outer pan (9×13 pan) with about 1 inch of water. Your size of pan does not matter so much, as long as the pan with the bread mixture can fit into a pan with water into it. You are creating a water bath, which is important in giving this bread pudding its texture. Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment